Are you looking for some fun and creative August journaling prompts to write about during this (or even some other) month?
(I’ll assume you’ve said yes! 😉 )
If you’re like most people I know, the end of July and early August is probably the time when you enjoy your well deserved yearly holiday, and it can be the perfect time to give journaling a try. (and in case you’re already a fan of it and are looking for more journaling ideas, you can visit my other themed journaling prompts)
Now, I’ve got a question for you – when it comes to your summer holiday season, what’s the thing you’re looking forward to the most? Some travel arrangements, perhaps?
If you’ve said yes, then you’re gonna love this set of August journaling prompts because they’re all about travel and vacation.
Like with every other month, free printable journaling prompts are here as well, so you can start this creative journey quicker and easier.
Wondering what the list of August journaling prompts looks like?
Here it is!
- My top 5 reasons why I love to travel.
- What excites me the most about travel?
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, where would I go (and why there)?
- Why haven’t I already been there?
- Make a plan with the actual action steps so I can visit that place over the next 5 years.
- Create a travel bucket list of places I’d like to visit in my country.
- Make a travel bucket list of places I’d like to visit abroad.
- Assume I have all it takes to go anywhere in the world any time I’d like. Are there places that I would never want to visit? Why?
- How long should my ideal vacation last?
- If I could choose, would I rather spend my vacation in one large chunk of time or spread them out in smaller “portions” throughout the year? Why?
- With whom I enjoyed my holiday the most and how did he/she make it special?
- Write about the pros and cons of traveling with friends.
- Write about the pros and cons of traveling with my significant other.
- Write about the pros and cons of traveling with my family.
- What is my favorite way of transportation and why?
- Write about different types of transportation I’ve tried out so far.
- Do I prefer to travel in the summer or winter?
- Write about my best vacation yet.
- Name 3 things that can ruin my vacation anytime. Can I do anything to prevent or soften their effects?
- Name 10 must-have travel items.
- Year after year, what’s the thing I “need” and always pack, but at the end, I don’t use?
- My favorite quote about travel.
- What’s the song I like to listen to while traveling?
- Which one would I choose – ultra-fancy but short or an average but longer vacation? Why?
- What’s the thing I like to do the most when I’m on vacation?
- What would my ideal vacation day look like?
- Plan out this year’s holiday (or next one’s).
- Make a travel vision board on a page of my journal.
- Think of ways how I can make traveling more affordable.
- What is usually my first snack when the trip starts?
- Think of 10 ways that can make the post-vacation transition to my regular life smoother.
That’s it for now – those were August journaling prompts!
No matter if you’ve traveled this year or not, I hope these writing prompts helped you capture the feelings of relaxation, adventures, and fun.
And last but not least, don’t forget to take a free printable list if you’d like to quickly have all of these journaling prompts by your side, or save it to Pinterest so you can easily get back to them later on.
As always, enjoy the creative and inspiring process of journaling!